UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

Saturday 14 January 2017

Telescopically Infallible: Testing The L'Oréal Legends

I'd say I did this on purpose but I'd be lying: I didn't go out of my way to purchase these together, but I managed to get two of L'Oréal's best-loved products sitting alongside each other in my shopping basket: namely the Telescopic Mascara and the Infallible Matte Foundation. These two have been knocking about for some time now and have garnered a certain hype-factor, so I thought I'd see what all the fuss was about.


The foundation firstly is designed to be a 24 hour-wear (I wouldn't recommend that) formula, best suited to oily skin that wants to stay oil-free all day long. I was a tad disappointed at the lack of colour range, but the lightest shade is okay if you're pale. The formula itself is certainly matte: once applied, it dries down to almost give the appearance of a powder foundation. Best applied with your hands or a beauty blender, it's definitely buildable; just avoid using a brush if you have fine lines or large pores, as this stuff looks most flawless when you apply it with a tool that's going to leave it looking really smooth. It's also a full coverage foundation, which I personally love.

However, I will say that this foundation is definitely only suitable or oily skin types. It's extremely drying, and can enlarge the appearance of pores. I also find it can give the skin a sallow look: you really need to build on this stuff, adding a creamier concealer. For me, this isn't really an issue: this stuff does give you a very simple base, but I'm happy to glow up with plenty of bronzer and highlighter! 

The mascara is one for those of us who want long lashes. It really reminds me of Roller Lash in that sense: the brush is long and features those wonderful rubber bristles that really grab hold of every lash. As with the Benefit mascara, you have to be wary of the spidery effect: it's a very wet formula, so don't overdo it on the layers. However, I think this mascara really does have the wow factor, lengthening lashes and working almost as a comb to ensure you're free from clumps.

I am certainly a big fan of the mascara, but I might need a little more convincing with the foundation. It's gives you fantastic coverage, but I feel like the drying effect may mean I reserve it for the summer.

Thanks for reading.
Have you tried either of these?
xo 






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Getting to Nomi

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig